Series Race Dates:
- November 17, 2018
- December 8, 2018
- January 12th, 2019 (Preliminary)
- February 9th, 2019 (Preliminary)
- March 16th, 2019 (Preliminary)
- Individual Race Entries Due: Wednesday prior to race.
The Venue: Puget Sound in front of the Shilshole Bay Marina.
The Entrants: At least one person on each yacht must be a member of a PIYA affiliated club
The Boats: Any PHRF rated mono or multi hulled boat 20′ or greater in length.
Classes: Classes for Flying, Non-Flying, and Multi hulls (if 3 or more) will be provided.
1st Start: 11:00 AM (first warning at 10:55 AM)
Time Limit: 5 hours
Courses: 5 to 20 miles in length depending on conditions. Courses will be determined after the committee boat is anchored. Course mark letters will be hung on the side of the committee boat. The committee boat monitors channel 72.
Entry Fee: $50.00 for the 2018-2019 series of five races, $15 for each individual race
Entry Deadlines: November 14, 2018. Added entrants may register by the Wednesday prior to a race.
After Race Meetup: Ray’s Boathouse – upstairs bar area
Contact: Tom Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amendment to the General Sailing Instructions SBYC Racing Rules
1) General Note XI: The Ship Canal Restricted Area is modified to allow entrance into the restricted area adequate to pass Can Buoy C1 in a seamanlike manner only when mark “E” is designated as a mark on the course.
2) Mark “E” is now designated as the C”1” Can Buoy located on the north side of the entrance to the Ballard Locks at approximate position:
47° 40.73’ N, 122° 24.89’ W
3) As of 2017-2018 series there will be one throw out race.
These changes shall remain in effect until further notice.