TransPuget Benefit Race
Shilshole Bay Yacht Club invites you and your crew to race in this late-summer classic. Proceeds support sailing programs at Footloose Sailing Association, the Northwest’s premier sailing program for people of all disabilities.
The Venue: Puget Sound, Shilshole Bay.
The Entrants: At least one person on each yacht must be a member of a PIYA-affiliated club.
The Boats: Any PHRF rated mono or multi-hulled boat 20′ or greater in length. Cruising class boats only need a PHRF certificate if you want to be scored (the cruising prize is selected at random among the boats that finished within the time limit).
Classes: Classes for flying sails, cruising and multi-hull boats will be provided (if 3 or more registered entries).
The Date: August 20, 2022
The start time for the first class is at 2:00 PM, with succeeding classes every 5 minutes.
Time Limits: 6 hours Long Course, 4 hours Short Course
Entry Fee: $25 + $1 per foot of overall vessel length
Entry Deadline: Entries are due by Thursday, August 18.
TransPuget Entry Form
100% of race entry fees will be donated to Footloose Disabled Sailing.
If you or members of your crew would like to make an additional donation, you can do so via the Footloose donation form at https://footloosedisabledsailing.org/donate/
Contact: Ben Lobaugh at email@example.com
Amendment to the General Sailing Instructions SBYC Racing Rules
1) General Note XI: The Ship Canal Restricted Area is modified to allow entrance into the restricted area adequate to pass Can Buoy C1 in a seamanlike manner only when mark “E” is designated as a mark on the course.
2) Mark “E” is now designated as the C”1” Can Buoy located on the north side of the entrance to the Ballard Locks at approximate position: 47° 40.73’ N, 122° 24.89’ W
TransPuget Specific Sailing Instructions
1. An official entry must be submitted to compete in this event (see form on this page, below.
2. Protests must be filed within 1 (one) hour of the committee boat docking.
3. The 720 rule will be in effect; use it.
4. Class breaks will be posted on the Shilshole Bay Yacht Club website.
5. If three or more multi-hulls are entered, they will have their own class.
6. 5-minute starting sequences will be used.
7. Warning signal for the first class will be at 1:55 PM with the first start at 2:00 PM.
8. Scoring will be PHRF Time-on-Time for all long course racing classes. The cruising class haul-out will be selected randomly from all finishers in that class.
2022 Race Results
2021 Race Results
2019 Race Results
2018 Race Results
2017 Race Results
2015 Race Results
2014 Race Results