Next Dinner Meeting: Thursday, December 19, 2019
IVAR’S Salmon House, 401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle
5:30pm – Meet and Greet, Bar’s open!
6:00pm – Caroling
6:40pm – Change of Watch and Thanks to 2019 Board
7:00pm – Dinner in the Banquet Room
7:45pm – Gift exchange to follow dinner
Topic: “Change of Watch, Singing, & Gift Exchange”
Join us at our next dinner meeting Thursday, December 19 for the Change of Watch ceremony, holiday singing and the ever popular gift exchange.
Starting at 6pm our very own Roger Newby will play for a carol sing along. Lyrics will be provided.
At 6:30pm we will have the Change of Watch ceremony. During the ceremony each club officer will bring his or her officer’s flag to hand off to the new officer, and the outgoing Commodore will receive the Past Commodore flag. We will also have an opportunity to recognize the 2019 board and volunteers. Finally we’ll make the formal introduction of the 2020 board. Dinner will be served at 7pm.
Post dinner we hold our ever popular gift exchange. To participate bring a wrapped gift (valued between $15 and $20.) Please bring something nice that you would like to receive, not a re-gift or something you are trying to get rid of.
Here are the rules for the gift exchange:
- For each gift you bring, you will receive a number.
- When your number is called, Santa will select a gift for you. You can choose to take the gift Santa selected, or you can exchange it (unopened) for a gift that has already been unwrapped.
- If you decide to keep the gift, you must unwrap it immediately, HOLD it UP for EVERYONE to admire, and leave it visible on top of your table at all times (no taking it to your car or leaving early to protect your prize booty.)
- If you choose to exchange your unopened gift for a gift that has already been unwrapped, the person you “stole” the gift from can then either open your gift right there, or “steal” someone else’s opened gift.
- To avoid marathon exchanges, we will limit the stealing to twice per gift. Once a particular gift has been stolen twice, it is locked to the person who made the second steal and it can no longer be stolen.
- The first person to get a gift and start the gift exchange gets the chance for a final steal of any available (non-locked down) gift.
~Tonight’s Featured Menu~
Mixed Greens Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Alder Grilled Coho Salmon
Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad
Ivar’s World Famous Fish ‘n Chips
Includes: Seasonal Vegetables with the Protein Entrees
Coffee, Decaf, Hot Tea
Special dietary needs can be accommodated; please let me know on your Evite RSVP.
Main course selections are due by 9:00 pm on Sunday, December 15. Look for your Evite invitation in your email, then hit reply and use the comments field to tell me how many in your party and their dinner selections. Cancellations must be made by 9:00 pm Sunday December 15.
Note that the deadline for reservations is also the deadline for cancelling a previous reservation; otherwise you will be charged for the meal.
Dinner is $35 per person. If you charge your meal (credit card), we will add $1 per meal. Please purchase your drinks from the staff in the banquet room. The receipts count towards our room rental minimums.
WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE EVITE INVITATION TO THE DINNER, PLEASE REPLY AND USE THE “COMMENTS” FIELD TO TELL US HOW MANY IN YOUR PARTY AND WHAT MEALS EACH OF YOU WOULD LIKE!
Note: The location change coming up for January’s Dinner meeting. The January meeting will be on the regular Tuesday (January 21st) but will be at Razzi’s pizza in Greenwood (on Greenwood Ave just north of 85th.)
Also Note: The January Board Meeting will take place on Wednesday, January 7. The February Board meeting will be on February 11. Board meetings for 2020 will be held at the Mallory residence unless otherwise specified.