TransPuget Benefit Race
2020 TransPuget Race has been canceled
Due to an overlapping event in Shilshole, SBYC has been unable to secure the Coast Guard permits necessary to run the 2020 Transpuget benefit race. All race proceeds go to Footloose Sailing Association, if you would still like to donate, head over to their website at https://footloosedisabledsailing.org
Supporting Footloose Sailing Association
Shilshole Bay Yacht Club invites you and your crew to race in this late summer classic. Proceeds support sailing programs at Footloose Sailing Association, the Northwest’s premiere sailing program for people of all disabilities.
The Venue: Puget Sound, Shilshole Bay.
The Entrants: At least one person on each yacht must be a member of a PIYA affiliated club.
The Boats: Any PHRF rated mono or multi hulled boat 20′ or greater in length. Cruising class boats only need PHRF certificate if you want to be scored (the cruising prize is selected at random among the boats that finished within the time limit).
Classes: Classes for flying sails, cruising and multi-hull boats will provided for (if 3 or more registered entries).
Skippers Meeting: 10:00 AM TBA, West side of the Shilshole Marina admin building.
Flying Sails: Class A 11:30 AM, Class B 11:35 AM, Class C 11:40 AM, NFS 12:00 PM
Time Limits: 6 hours Long Course, 4 hours Short Course
Entry Fee: $25 + $1 per foot of overall vessel length
Entry Deadline: Entries are due by Wednesday, September 13. Pay your entry fee at the skippers meeting Saturday morning.
TransPuget Entry Form
Contact: Ben Lobaugh at email@example.com
*** Race Awards
*** Other prizes to raffle from our wonderful sponsors
Party Time: 5 pm
Party Location: Ray’s Boat House upstairs Bar area
Amendment to the General Sailing Instructions SBYC Racing Rules
1) General Note XI: The Ship Canal Restricted Area is modified to allow entrance into the restricted area adequate to pass Can Buoy C1 in a seamanlike manner only when mark “E” is designated as a mark on the course.
2) Mark “E” is now designated as the C”1” Can Buoy located on the north side of the entrance to the Ballard Locks at approximate position: 47° 40.73’ N, 122° 24.89’ W
TransPuget Specific Sailing Instructions
1. An official entry must be submitted to compete in this event (see form on this page, below.
2. Protests must be filed within 1 (one) hour of the committee boat docking.
3. The 720 rule will be in effect; use it.
4. Class breaks will be determined after entry deadline has passed and will be posted by 6:00 PM, the Thursday prior to the race on the Shilshole Bay Yacht Club web site TransPuget page.
5. If three or more multi-hulls are entered, they will have their own class.
6. 5 minute starting sequences will be used.
7. Warning signal for the first class will be at 11:25 AM with the first start at 11:30 AM.
8. Scoring will be PHRF Time-on-Time for all long course racing classes. The cruising class haul-out will be selected randomly from all finishers in that class.